Followers

Sunday, April 1, 2018

Never Ending Birthday

 International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).  Come on over an join us with you artwork :)

Challenge #30
Card Type You Haven't Tried Before



This fortnights challenge theme has been chosen by DT Christina and what a challenge it has been hahaha.  There are so many card types I have tried, some I like some I don't but these days I normally head straight for a square card as it fits in an envelope really easily and I find it the perfect shape for me and designing.  However, I have to admit I was fascinated with the never ending card design and had great fun not only in creating it but also in playing with it when completed.  



The stamps used through out the card are from the Creative Stampers magazine, they worked so well together and I had some great sentiments to use with them.  Although this is not a manly card it is for my brother who loves nature and walks so I am sure he is going to love it.  I did make a boo boo with the front of the card and it was not the square section that it should have been so I placed the final card on a black piece of card with a ribbon holding it all in place.  This has really worked rather well as it gives me somewhere to explain to my bro how the card works and also somewhere to add a personal message for his birthday.

The backgrounds for the stamped sections were coloured with Distress Oxides which I tried to match up with the design paper.  I then stamped the images in grey and coloured areas with the same Distress Oxides as I used for the backgrounds to keep a very soft look.  The sentiments were stamped in black to match the base card colour.







Challenges entered:-

3 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Jane and I bet your brother loves it. (I didn't know you had a brother!) I haven't tried this one but again, I think I'll be steering clear. lol Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous fun fold card. Looks great! Thanks for joining us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a fun fold card! This is amazing, and yes I think your brother will love this as it is a labor of love! Thank you for sharing this at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi