Followers

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

The River




Challenge 92
Anything Goes with an optional TWIST .... Relax



Welcome back to the IKEsWORLD challenges :)  do pop on over to IKEsWORLD to join in the challenge, it is always so much fun and  Ike produces the most amazing stamps, everything from off the wall to cute and fluffy :) :) :)

I have just retuned from the Middle East permanently so back in the UK now, at least the sun is shining at the moment but I am already missing our old life.  It is pretty hard to adjust to this very different way of life here but thankfully I was thinking in advance and already had some crafty items waiting for me in my UK house (nearly all my craft items are now in a relocation shipment, some will arrive in about 4 weeks the rest in the main shipment will be with me in about 4 months).  Can't say I am feeling very creative so have gone with a heavily coloured creation using Ike's 'The River', which certainly entertained me for a few hours lol.  So why this image for this challenge, well I like to try and follow the 'twist' themes which are optional and for me, the most relaxing time is when I can escape to nature with no phone, computer or other means of communicating with the modern world.  I find I can recharge my batteries in these peaceful locations and then sort of cope in the human world without losing my rag every 5 minutes !!!!!! :) :) :)

The bird is a polymer stamp and was coloured with S/N sparkle pens, the sentiment is also a stamp and stamped with Memento black ink.


Ingredients:-
  • image - The River by IKEsART
  • colouring medium - SN markers and Polychromos crayons
  • other items - clear stamps for bird and sentiment
I am entering this project into the following challenges:-

5 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC - this is just so stunning and the addition of the bird is wonderful :-) Thank you for making this for me at IWC.

    I am glad you have arrived safely back in the UK. I hope the weather stays good for you and that you can soon feel settled and happy there.

    Much love

    IKE xxxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my this is such a gorgeous scene Mimi!! Beautifully coloured in those fabulous blues and greens...thank you for sharing with us at Scrapbook Stamp Society...good luck!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic!Thanks for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.Good luck and hope to see you again.Gr.Kaija Dt-member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mimi it's gorgeous
    Thanks for join us at
    {ScrapbookStampSociety DT Member}
    Hope to see you again and goodluck

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mimi you can ask for a digi on the third place.
    so email me my email is on the winners list on scrapbookstampsociety ch

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi