Followers

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Dies, Dies and more dies

 International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).  Come on over an join us with you artwork :)

Challenge #13 - Dies



This card is for my Mum's birthday in a couple of days time and I know she is going to love it.  Mum has several poppy plants in her garden with the wonderful large poppies, so colourful and beautifully formed and great contrast to her roses :) :) :) 

For this card I used Sheena Douglas Poppy Perfect Partners (stamp and die set) and coloured the poppies with Polychromos crayons.  The background of this card has been created with Tim Holtz Distress Oxides which I have just got and have fallen in love with, so much fun to use.  I then embossed the background with a Sheena Douglas embossing folder and then enhanced the embossing with gold guilders wax.   The lace die is by Verity Rose, it looked so effective in the black on the front of the card I decided to use a remaining bit of the Distress Oxide background I made to back a second black lace cut and used this on the inside of the card too.  The Happy Birthday and Best Mum stamps are from .Making Cards issue 6.  To finish off the card I added a gold charm heart and red gems.

Challenges entered:-

11 comments:

  1. Stunning card Jane. Those poppies are a joy to look at. I can just imagine them nodding in the garden. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful card, I, too, love those poppies. You're right, your mother will love it. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well missus you've certainly got the approval of the maestro!!! He just brought me a cuppa (bless him) whilst I was commenting and saw your superb card and said "oooh that's nice - is it decoupaged?" He never ceases to amaze me 'cos he realised you'd layered the poppies - lol. It really is a striking card and of course your mum is definitely going to love it. The die cuts are great and I think I neeeeeed the lace edge die. Absolutely wonderful creation. Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love your colors and the layered flowers are perfect for this week's challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us at  The Mod Squad Challenge Angie, Challenge Host.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! I love poppies, and this is just gorgeous! Wonderful colouring. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, your Mum will love it. Gorgeous colouring of the created poppies. Thanks for joining us at MTTC. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super cool card! Gorgeous layering. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really glorious floral creation and perfect for our Floral theme at Stamping Sensations challenge, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, the poppies are gorgeous and I love that you layered them. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Crafty Friends, we hope to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! this is stunning! Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Southern Girls, good luck, Julie.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi