Followers

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Hot Gift Bags

 International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).  Come on over an join us with you artwork :)

Challenge #8 - Hot Colours

This theme is probably my least favourite as it means I have to work with colours I am least comfortable with, I am a blue and purple lover, the calm colours, not the reds and oranges which to me are angry colours :) :) :) But what to do, it is a challenge after all and it is rather good to be removed from ones comfort zone every now and again.  I hunted through my images but there was nothing I wanted to colour with reds and oranges except flowers and I feel I have done a fair few of them recently so needed another idea.  I knew I had a bunch of design papers as I keep adding to my collection, don't know why as I don't like working with them but they do look pretty in the shop :) :) :) and when they are free in a magazine then it would be sacrilege to throw them away!!!!  A hunt through my papers found a few A6 sized sheets in the dreaded colours but so small - what to do with them.  Then a brain wave, (I get the odd one every now and again :) :) :) ) - make some really small bags which I can use to give to my friends with wee gifts inside.  I have to admit the bags were a bit fiddly to make but I love the outcome, even though they are red and orange :) :) 



Challenges entered:-

2 comments:

  1. They're all super, Jane. Each one a little beauty. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that makes two of us out of our comfort zone this time, but that's what it makes it a challenge. I certainly wouldn't choose to use these colours at all. Like you I'm purples, blues, pinks and anything soft and muted. However, I love these bags you have made and a great idea to use them for little gifts. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi