Followers

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Recycled sardine tin


 International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).

Challenge #2 - Recycling

I recently started doing some nail art, more fun and yet another craft to add to my every widening passion :) :) :) I used to paint my nails on a regular basis but when I started card making I found I left marks of nail varnish on my cardstock - probably because I did not put any top coat on hahahaha.  Anyway, this summer I had my nails done with Gel polish and was in love again, so much so I had to go buy myself some Shellac and a lamp.  Thanks to Ebay my collection of accessories has grown with the addition of foil, stamping tool, stamping plates, gems, striping tape etc. and an excellent box which the hubby found in one of our local stores to keep everything together.  When I do my nails, very lazily on my knee with a tray I find my tools roll all all over the place, pesky paint brushes, orange sticks, nail scissors never stay in one place so I decided to use this recycling challenge to make myself a wee pot to hold things together while I am nail crafting :)


I embossed some gold paper to cover the tin and added lace to the top and bottom along with lace bow.  Next I added some raffia around the tin and the 3 flowers were die cut using a Desire flower die. To the centre of each flower I added some Stickles and a pearl and then added some Stickle dots in the shape of swirls although you can't really see them in the photo.

Here is my sardine tin - I had the sardines for lunch and they were yummy!!!!


Challenges entered:-

11 comments:

  1. I don't like sardines but I love your tin! lol A good idea for your nail tools. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello… Thanks for joining our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge with your lovely upcycled tin... Please join us again next time. Good luck!
    [Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup there's no red or pink, but such lovely feminine touches like the lace. Thanks for joining us at the Crafters Café, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...interesting project using your leftover sardine tin!! Love the neutral colour scheme too. Thanks for playing along with us for our Flowering-in-February challenge at Open-Minded Crafting Fun.
    Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, OMCF DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great upcycling, it looks lovely.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Anything Goes' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness this is amazing...who would ever think that this started as a sardine can!! Thank you for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy...good luck!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Allsorts with this lovely creation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great recycling. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "No Red or Pink" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful.
    Thank you for Joining us at My Time To Craft and waiting to see next time.

    Hugs
    Meena MTTC DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. So Pretty, What a great project, Love the embossing!!
    Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful. You would never have known it had been a sardine can. Maggie, DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi