Followers

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Remember

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.  The prize this month is an awesome digi pack containing several images and a paper pack too - how cool is that.

Challenge 249

Theme 'The Dead/Remembrance' 


Hi peeps, hope you are having a good day :) :)

For my DT creation for the OSAAT's new challenge I have followed the Remembrance Day choice, mainly because I just love poppies but it is also a good chance to think of those who have given their lives for a better world - I just wish I felt the world was a better place, maybe it is better than it could have been and that we will never know but just now it feels a very trouble and unsettled environment. Anyway, back to my card.
To begin with I used a black card base.  Next I mounted black card which I had embossed with a handwriting embossing folder and backed this with red which I distressed the edges of.  I used the image Framed Cakes-stand Set by Kaz Kraftz and added a suitable sentiment.  This was then printed on red card, mounted on black card and then both these layers mounted on red card cut with Spellbinders Scalloped Squares.  With the basics of my card created it was time to prepare the other elements.  More black card was used with the die Spellbinders - Victorian Medallion 2 and Creative Expressions - Filigree 3d Itty Bitty Bows.  The final bit of die cutting was to use the red card again and Memory Box - Sunrise Poppy.  All this card needed to finish it off when assembled was a few red gems.
Ingredients:-
  • Image - Framed Cakes-stand Set by Kaz Kraftz
  • Dies - Spellbinders Scalloped Squares and Victorian Medallion 2, Creative Expressions - Filigree 3d Itty Bitty Bows and Memory Box - Sunrise Poppy.
  • From my Stash - gems
I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Thanks for looking and hope you have a happy crafting day:)

3 comments:

  1. Really beautiful in black and red :D And I love the die cut ! :)
    Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely as usual. That's a great die that you used and a great sentiment. Maggie - DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply gorgeous card Jane. Love the Red and Black with the flower die. The sentiment is just beautiful.
    Hugs your DT sister from OSAAT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi