Followers

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Butterfly and Grass

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.  The prize this month is an awesome digi pack containing several images and a paper pack too - how cool is that.

Challenge #248

Theme 'HALLOWEEN COLOURS' 

 Continuing with my journals for my kids here is another page completed.  Our challenge this week at OSAAT is Halloween Colours and saying as I don't do Halloween I thought the colours would be great for a butterfly page with a lovely American Indian saying.  The image I have used is Butterfly and Grass by Floppy Latte, not a new image but a great favourite.  I coloured the image with Polychromos and then fussy cut it.  Next I used Spectrum Noir Tints to colour the outside edge of my double page spread using the same colours I used for the image.  Time to try something new, I am useless at writing hahaha so I created my text on Illustrator and then printed it on black paper - not sure how that was going to turn out, black ink on black paper but it worked a treat.  I then went over the text with a white pen. Finally I embossed each corner of the black paper with a Tattered Lace butterfly embossing folder.
 I plan to used some die cut butterflies and so took another piece of card and went to town with the ink tints again, brushing them on first then splatting them on and finally I added some rock salt and splats of water.  So much fun and boy was I mucky after this but felt like a kid again hahaha.
 Something I have had in my stash for years are a few material black glitter butterflies, think I picked them up in a bargain basket and then tucked them away for a rainy day.  I used three of the butterflies and placed them on the black paper, these butterflies were more about a touch feely texture when you hold the book than being a visual stimulus.  Each butterfly was finished off with yellow Stickles.  On the right of the page I used the wee die cut butterflies I made from the paper above and finished them off with black Stickles.  Black and yellow stickles were also used on the coloured image and black to form swirls around the coloured border on the edges of the pages.


Ingredients:-
  • Image - Butterfly and Grass by Floppy Latte,
  • Colouring medium - Polychromos, Spectrum Noir Tints
  • Dies - Cherry Lyn Designs Mini Butterflies
  • From my Stash - Stickles, black butterflies, embossing folders, white pen
I am entering this card into the following challenges:-

Thanks for looking and hope you have a happy crafting day:)

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous project Jane! The image is beautiful and the colours gorgeous! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! The image is so beautiful and I love all the textures and embellishments you added.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi