Followers

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Birthday Cupcake

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.  The prize this month is an awesome digi pack containing several images and a paper pack too - how cool is that.

Challenge 243

Theme 'Anything Goes with SWEET TREATS' 

Just a very quick post from me today, I am feeling rather frazzled hahahaha and totally forgot to take any pics of what I did so am going to have to try to remember what I used to make this cute cupcake card.

I have used the digi 'Birthday Cupcake by Coosty Creations which I printed twice at two different sizes and coloured them with Promarkers, trying to do my best to match up the colours with the cupcake brad in the centre.

Next I used Spellbinders Scalloped Squares and Squares to cut the 4 layers.  The bottom layer is design paper from an old magazine and the second layer is some very plain cream paper.  The top two layers with the images on were mounted on the same card as used for the card base and then I coloured the backgrounds with my Vanilla Promarker.  The cupcakes were coloured with Cerise and blow me, can't remember what brown I used.  To finish off the colouring I used a couple of Spectrum Noir crayons to help life the shadows very lightly.

Finally red stickles were added to the tops of each cupcake to represent the cherry and Cardinal Red Promarker for all the dots, again to match the brad in the middle. These top two layers were attached with foam tape. I did decorate the inside of the card too but yep, you guessed it, I forgot to take the pic grrrrrrrr.


Ingredients:-
  • Image - 'Birthday Cupcake by Coosty Creations
  • Colouring medium - Promarkers
  • Dies - Spellbinders Scalloped Squares and Squares
  • From my Stash -  Striped dp, stickles and brad
I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Thanks for looking and hope you have a happy crafting day:)

11 comments:

  1. Such an adorable and sweet card! Thank you for joining us at ATSM this week!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh - that is fantastic !!! You are always such an inspiration... this is scrummy :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    OSAAT DT Sistah

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty card! Love all the layers! Thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards and Crafty Gals Corner!

      Delete
  4. What a lovely card! Yummy sentiment and cupcakes! Thank you for joining us at ATSM this week!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you layered this! The colors are great! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner! Jeanie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderfully put together, love your colours too. Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely sweet card and layout thanks for sharing and joining us at CC&CC cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mimi, this is a great card. Such a clever card design with those DP's and I love that shiny cupcake. Thank you for joining us this time at Creative Inspirations.
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card! I love your coloring! Thanks for sharing at Crafting for All Seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now this is a real sweet treat and good enough to eat Jane!! Love all the layers. Sorr for teh late visit. Hugs Christine OSAAT Teamie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi