Followers

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Hot Chocolate Fairy

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase and image from Sweet Pea Stamps and I have chosen to work with the beautiful image Hot Chocolate Fairy  by Janna Prosvirina which is available from the Sweet Pea Store in both rubber and digi.

 I think this is a bit of a quick post, for some reason I forgot to take pics as I was going along, oh well, guess it happens every now and again lol.  I have made another of my tea bag boxes but this time given it a coffee theme and added sachets of coffee, these boxes are so handy as gifts so I always try to keep one or two handy :) :)

To begin with I used a box template I designed and cut on my Black Cat. Next I coloured the image with Faber Castell Polychromos and mounted both the image and sentiment on dies cut from Spellbinders Scalloped Ovals and regular ovals, lace was added behind the image layer.  Next it was out with the lace, a stash of lace my Mum gave me ages ago after she stopped sewing, how cool to have lace just the perfect colour, navy and milky coffee lol.  I then added some blue and gold ribbon round the top edge.  The image was cut using Spellbinders Ovals and the mount behind is is Spellbinders Scalloped Ovals.  Lace was attached behind the digi mount.  The same theme was used for the sentiment, the only difference was using circles instead of oval.  Both the digi and sentiments mounts have chalked backgrounds to link into the coffee theme.  A few weeks ago I made a daisy card and had designed an cut out mount for it, seeming such a shame to throw the daisy bits that were left I tucked them away for a rainy day.  Yep today is raining so time to use them up lol. The were originally cut using white card so I coloured them with Promarkers and then sprayed them with Glitter Mist for a bit of sparkle.  I finished off the daisy flourishes with some Bisque Liquid Pearls.

Ingredients:-
  • Image - Hot Chocolate Fairy  by Janna Prosvirina
  • Colouring Medium - Faber Castell Polychromos 
  • Dies - box and flowers by me, Spellbinders Scalloped Ovals and Regular Ovals
  • From my Stash - lace, Liquid Pearls, ribbon and Shimmer Mist.
I am entering into the following challenges:-

Thank you for stopping by today and hope you have a happy crafting time ahead of you :) xx

21 comments:

  1. I love this Jane, it looks so pretty with all the lace and embellishments.... and I'm so glad you kept the daisy's bits! They are perfect for this and you didn't have to wait too long for a rainy day - ooops!! Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely box !
    Thanks for sharing it with us and hope to see you again in our next challenge as well,
    Hugs
    Willeke
    DT Through The Craft Room Door

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning project you have made... its beautiful. Gorgeous image and you have coloured it in perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends, hope to see you again for our next challenge. Good Luck. Diane Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful Project, love that image and beautifully designed, thanks for joining our challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty and we do hope you will come back and join us again soon. Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning piece of work - fantastic layout and colours - thank you for joining us this time at Penny's Paper-Crafty and good luck - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow amazing lots of work too, thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, what a beautiful basket, thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz challenge and hope to see you again
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for taking part in our Art by Miran challenge, your card is so delightful and delicate,
    and is a joy to look at .. good luck hugs tracy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful creation Mimi! Your box makes perfect gift for tea lovers like me, lol. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door recently and I hope to see you again in our new challenge. Have a nice day :)
    Fondly,
    Asmah
    TTCRD DT
    Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just fantastic! I love the lace, the glitter mist, the sentiment, just everything!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooh wonderful creation, looks fab, thanks for sharing with us at CRAFTY CATZ x carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous box and a great gift-love the beautfully coloured image and all the gorgeous lace--Thank you for joining our challenge at Simply papercrafts
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello again back for Crafty Ribbons...fab project, looks super, thanks for sharing with us x carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a fabulous project, such a beautiful image and brilliant design.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Friends.
    Pauline
    x
    I am having a little giveaway on my blog if you would like to take a look - http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a super gift design - thanx for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, awesome design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, awesome design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, this is an amazing project, it is so beautiful. So pleased you shared with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful coffee gift box!!! You did an awesome creation! Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Friends! We hope to see you often! Hugs, Moshie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simply stunning. Such a great creation.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Friends Challenge blog,hope to see you again for our next challenge.

    Tracey DTxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi