Followers

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Gossip and Chocolate

Fun day and a bit of off task time lol.  I have so many other projects I need to get done but today, well, not in the mood to do anything other than think of Chocolate hahahahaha. I saw Passion For Promarkers had a challenge for Chocolate and I have not made a card using lovely chocolate colours for ages and ages so just had to join in :)

After deciding to join in the chocolate challenge I had a quick look for some other challenges I could make a card specially for. Loves Rubber Stamps W - #144 Create your own background sounded like fun :).  So for my card, after colouring the image with Promarkers last night, today I set about making my background paper.  Now I do have a problem, I am in Saudi and have to bring pretty much all my supplies back from the UK once a year when I go home to see the family.  If I forget something then tough luck for a year but not moaning as that tends to lead to more creativity and experimenting.  One of the things I have forgotten this year is brown card grrrrr hahahaha.  So out with a white piece of card and some second hand, very old stamp pads to see if I could make a dark brown.
 Not much luck, a lovely copper colour but not dark.  Time to try airbrushing with my black and brown Promarkers but that still was not dark enough and even my planned stamping on this is not going to work.
 Change of plan, I do have some brown wrapping paper so I covered some white card with that and then used a stamp - think this one is a Lakeland stamp and at least 4 or maybe even 5 years old now and copper and clear embossing powder to get an awesome texture and sheen - yep I am happy with my created background :) - the old stamp is so I can join in with the Retro Rubber Challenge - 2W (must use rubber stamp you had for some time/at least a year) - Embossing Powder
 Another challenge I am following is a sketch challenge :) - Tuesday Morning Sketches using this layout :)
Going to have to think a bit here. I wanted to have a second mount on my digi topper but did not make enough background paper so, using my scraps I have just managed by putting 3 pieces together to have just enough - hurray
 Next for the sentiment, a suitable chocolate one, It was this sentiment that also linked with some design paper I had with writing all over it.  To get a bit more chocolaty I then used my score board and tried to make squares of chocolte.
 The one bit I did not take a pic of was the other mat - for this I used the spellbinder die Fancy Lattice.

The bit of the lattice cut that was left over came in handy for the inside of the the card along with the scraps of writing design paper I had left over.


Ingredients:-
  • Image - TheEastWind's Lucy Loo - 'Lucy Longstockings' available from Sweet Pea Stamps in rubber
  • Colouring medium - Promarkers
  • Dies - Spellbinders Scalloped Circles, Circles, Fancy Lattice and Grand Labels 1
  • From my Stash - design paper, embossing powder (copper and clear), old acrylic stamp, buttons
I am entering this card in the following challenges:-



12 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this beautiful card with us this week at Passion for Promarkers. Love the background and thanks for showing us how you achieved it.
    Lorraine DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card and your coloring is just beautiful! Love your color palette, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a fabulous job creating the dark chocolate background...you were a girl on a mission! The image, paper, and sentiment....alll make for a wonderful card! Thanks for sharing with us at Loves rubberstamps this week, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love that background! Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card. Love it! Thanks for doing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cool background and love all that chocolate oops brown, just perfect for our create your background challenge this week at Loves Rubberstamps,
    Hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card! Such a cool background!! Thank you for playing along with the Retro Rubber challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are right... definitely gets the creative juices going when not all supplies are immediately available. Great job on this card and mixing the challenges. Very clever. Thanks for including RRBC in your stamping fun this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Limited supplies does get one in the mood to play with different mediums to achieve a desired look. What a fantastic job! Thank you for joining us at RRBC and showing us your fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This really does make me think of chocolate!! The background paper you created looks incredible and just love the way you coloured the girl, especially her hair. So glad you joined us at ATSM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mimi,
    This is fabulous. I love the image & the background paper you created is delicious! Thanks for joining us at Passion For Promarkers this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how you created this background, so fabulous! Thanks you for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi