Followers

Sunday, December 28, 2014

The Dragonfly

A friend stopped by my house yesterday with a plate full of yummy cookies she had been baking so I thought today I would rustle up a wee gift to take round to say thank you.  She knows I can't cook, won't cook so this really was a lovely surprise and so thoughtful :) :) :).

I know she likes green tea so a wee box with some green tea bags in seemed like a good idea.


After a hunt on the net to see if I could find a template of the type of box I had in mind and not finding anything I set to and designed my own.  To begin with I cut two of the handle sections in kraft and glued them together so they are nice and strong.
 Next I made two open top boxes using black card.
 Onto making the panels.  Using craft again I then stamped a dragonfly all over as the image I am going to use has dragonflies in it.  I also stamped the top of the handle sections and also a wee thank you label. Stamping was done with a black embossing ink pen and embossed with clear embossing powder.
Onto colouring the image.  I have used Ching Chou Kuik's 'The Dragonfly'. The image was coloured with Promarkers and finished off with some O2 pearls paint on the dragonflies so they shimmer when the light catches them, gold and copper metallic pens for the leaves and part of the dress and copper Stickles for the centres of the flowers and dots on the dress.
 Media used
And here we have the finished box.  I don't have enough green tea bags to fill it up so there will be a trip to shops to get some more tomorrow before I drop this off :) :)

Ingredients:-
  • Image - Ching Chou Kuik's 'The Dragonfly'
  • Box design by me
  • Colouring media - Promarkers, O2 Pearl Paint, gold and copper metallic pens
  • Dies - Spellbinders circles, scalloped circles and Labels 20
  • Copper Stickles
I am entering this creation in the following challenges:-

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous gift. I love it. Thank you for joining Allsorts challenge. Good luck. Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning gift box, love everything about it. Thank you for playing along with the I Love Promarkers Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and detailed work, thank you so much for joining our Last Minute Gifts challenge at Allsorts.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning gift, it's beautiful!! Thank you for joining our ' Anything goes' challenge at Sweet Stampin', Happy New Year, love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous colouring and gorgeous gift.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts.
    Happy New Year;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, stunning project - your colouring and tutorial is fabulous. Thank you for sharing it with us in our 'Anything Goes' challenge this week over at Sweet Stampin’ this week, and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - what a fabulous gift this would make for someone - love it!! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creative fingers Challenge, elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this project - it is stunning - thanks so much for sharing at Creative Fingers Challenge - good luck and hope to see you again xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning project. Love the image you used and how you colored her.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi