Followers

Monday, November 3, 2014

SPS - Skeletal Candle Holder

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase an image from Sweet Pea Stamps and I decided to work with the image Skeletal Candle Holder by Teresa Sherman. This is the creation I submitted as inspiration for One Sweet Challenge, hope you will join in, it is certainly a fun one to do - All Saint Day / Day of the Dead.  I thought it would be rather appropriate to make a candle box gift card for this, only the second one I have ever made and I am pretty pleased with the outcome.

After making the box I then started on the decoration.  The digi image was printed out on metallic paper and I just put a little colour here and there, mainly on the flame.  The background was airbrushed with gold around the flame area.  The black streak you see in the photo is a bit of a boo-boo, it is the reflection from the side of the candle area and is not on the image in real life.

Next I cut out the letters for the word remember, using a Tattered Lace alphabet die, these I then coloured with a silver metallic pen.  I cut the front of the card a little smaller and added a black lace border.  The final part of the decoration was the die cutting of the digi and adding a black glitter border then some leaf swirls using Cheryl Lyn's Tropical-Flourish which I then cut into sections.
 For the inside I used a Sizzix die and matt silver paper with black glitter paper for the border, nice and simple but I feel it works great for the overall effect.
 So here we have the inside of the finished project.
and the front view.

Ingredients
  • Image -  Skeletal Candle Holder by Teresa Sherman
  • Promarkers
  • Dies - Sizzix 657938, Cheryl Lyn's Tropical-Flourish and Tattered Lace alphabet die
  • Metallic paper, black glitter paper and lace from my stash
Challenges entered


5 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous!! Wow!!! I LOVE the image!!! And you have just created and amazing piece with it!! Love the bit of sparkle!! Love the swirls.. Absolutely Gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great little halloween gift card. Jacqui DT Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card and gift idea. The image is fabulous and is coloured brilliantly. I love the leather effect black card stock you have used for the base of the card and the black glitter card adds another fantastic texture. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More. Sally D.x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful project!!! love the fold you have done and that great image.

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous project! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi