Followers

Sunday, September 21, 2014

OSAAT - Orchid Beauty

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.

We have some changes going on with the way we run the challenge, we are now going fortnightly with a prize for the random winner and badge for the Top 3 chosen by the DT.

Challenge #220

Theme 'Anything Goes with a Flower' 

The sponsor is StitchyBear Digital Outlet with a 5 image September prize pack. Remember if you use one of the store items you can enter as many times as you want <g>.


This week I worked with the image Orchid Beauty Digital Stamp and Paper Pack by Coosty Creations.

 Yesterday when in IKEA I managed to find the type of mugs I have hunted for for ages, the ones you can put your own paper insert into.  I know they are readily available in the States but shipping to Saudi is to costly for that and if I bring them in from China I have to buy a huge quantity, far more than I can use.  Anyway, I was over the moon to find them yesterday and so today have used one for my creation.

I used two of the papers that come with this pack (there are four in all in the pack with the digi) to create my background and place the digi on top.  All this was done digitally.  I then printed my project.
Next I coloured the image with another another new pressie I bought myself - Faber Castle Inktense oil crayons - wow I am in love, I thought it would be hard to find something to match my Promarkers but these certainly do :)  I also shaded a bit behind the hexagon so it would have a 3d effect.
Here is a close up of the flower - not the best pic as I photographed it on my knee with only a light behind me, the colour is a bit wrong too - sorry :)
Once this was all coloured I used the liner which came with the mug as a template and cut what was needed - part of a cone shape.  This was then placed inside the area designed for inserts and there we have it - a new and unique mug :)

Ingredients:-
I am entering the following challenges
Thanks for looking and hope you have a happy crafting day:)


11 comments:

  1. What a great idea xx love the papers xx Thank you for joining us over at http://divasbydesignchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
    Sandie (Divas by Design DT)
    http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous idea Jane and works so well. The digi and paper are so pretty. I think i'd be scared to use it in case I spoiled it when it was washed. Definitely not a dishwasher item I would have thought! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine, surprisingly, it has been through the dishwasher three times now and no problem which has surprised me too :) Good old IKEA, quality product

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous, Jane! I love that image and paper pack anyway, and this is a very special way to use them. I've even been trawling online to see if Ikea do those in the UK but I haven't found any. We have to use that style of cup at school if we're taking a drink out of the staffroom (even during break times) so one of those could be a perfect Secret Santa gift. I assume you've sealed yours in some way. There was talk of silicone, I seem to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow great job!! Pretty mug! Thanks for joining us Crafty Girls Challenges! Angie-DT

    http://angiescraftblog.blogspot.com/
    http://angiesdigistamps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty and how great to be able to use it every day too.

    Jennie OSAAT DT teamie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you getting all crazy cool with our latte challenge. LOVE this. So fun! Gorgeous latte mug. I know you will get a lot of compliments on this project

    Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges Lots of Lattes challenge.
    Heather D.
    www.freshbreweddesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely project. Thanks for sharing at Crafting at the Weekend challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty cup and just perfect for our challenge! Thanks so much for joining us at Fresh Brewed Designs challenge. Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. That paper is just gorgeous! Love what you did with it. Maggie - DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how you made this mug. I can't believe it's all digital. lol Love the papers you used that come along with the image they are so pretty. Your coloring of the flower is just the perfect color to match the papers.
    Beautiful!
    Deborah - OSAAT Teamie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi