Followers

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Summer Heat


Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.

Challenge #205

Theme 'For A Woman In Your Life'

Our sponsor this week is StitchyBear Digital Outlet with a prize of a 7 image digi pack.   To win this prize you MUST use a digi from the StitchyBear Digital Outlet.  A second prize of $3 to spend in the StitchyBear Digital Outlet will be given to an entrant who does not use a SB product.

This week I had the pleasure of working with a digi by BBKakes called Summer Heat, a really fun image and as the theme is For a Woman In Your Life I knew exactly what I wanted to create.  I know a certain person (my sister lol) who hates the heat, one reason why the pair of us could not live in the same house (well we could personality wise but I would be dressed as the Michelin Man for Ingrid to be comfortable or she would have to be pretty naked and I would be comfortable lol).  When I go to visit, bless her, she puts the heating on and melts just so I can survive and not turn into an ice block.  Yes Ingrid, here is another creation that is heading your way but you can't hang it on your wall :) :) :) 

To begin with I designed a box base to hold the surprise contents of this creation (I am keeping you in suspense a little longer), and the cover for the top.  This was then cut with my Black Cat Cougar.  The bottom part of the box was covered with navy paper and the lid was covered with some awesome water effect vellum I have and just love.  After everything was covered I assembled the box base and put it to one side while I worked on the lid.
The text was designed in Illustrator and saved as an .svg file which was then sent to my cutting software and cut with my Cougar.  At I used white card I then used my beloved Promarkers and the air brush attachment to colour the shadow base and the text itself so they would match in with my colour pallet for this creation.
 Now onto the digi, as you can see, lots of Promarkers used in this one :) :)
 The ice cubes are clipart from IClipart which I fussy cut.  One of the ice cubes I printed twice so I could layer it on the block to give a bit of dimension.  The did was also fussy cut.  With all the components ready it was time to assemble.
 Here we have the finished box lid with the digi, title, ice cubes (finished off with Lace stickler and Ice Stickles for a bit of texture and to give a watery effect) and ribbon stripe corner.

Once the lid was attached to the box I added the surprise contents hahahaha .  . . . .

an ice cube tray.  Now big sister, you have your own personal heatwave kit to keep you cool when I need heating up :) :) :)

Ingredient:-
  • Digi - Summer Heat by BBKakes and available through the Stitchy Bear Digital Outlet
  • Die cut for box and text by me
  • Promarkers and Flexmarkers
  • Ice cube tray from IKEA
  • Ice cube clipart from IClipart.com
  • Vellum, Stickles and ribbon from my stash
I am entering this project in the following challenges:-

15 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I wish you were here to see how much I'm laughing dear little sister ......You tell no fibs but I must say a great big thank you for creating this awesome Heatwave Remedy Kit to get me through Summer with a big degree of comfort treasure. Just looking at the very refreshing and cool watery scene with the awesome melting ice cubes has already lowered the temperature of my internal combustion engine.

    Hmm, oh that I were as svelte as your very cool image ...... I love the way you have arranged her sitting on the ice cube ......are you making a suggestion here? Well yes, although I'll be sitting on a whole pile of heart shaped ice cushions. Brilliant. I'll think of you extra fondly as I use and enjoy this very thoughtful Rescue creation. I just hope that you had as much fun in the making as I'll have in the using :-) :-)
    Lots of love treasure xxx ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project - full of humour as well as beautiful to look at! And I'm sure it'll be appreciated. (I'm someone else who struggles with summer ...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I sure wish I wasn't living in the heat-wave-remedy-kit climate (icy and cold here in Southern Ontario still). What a stunning card Jane. I love the pop of the image on that background paper and the drops of water dripping are brilliant !! What a wonderful gift too.

    Lynn, OSAAT DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous and a fantastic project and gift. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Look at you. It's gorgeous. BTW you never made anything not gorgeous lol.
    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful creation, I love the heat but do have a couple of friends that don't like it at all. Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome!- Great Colors and Layout!

    Thanks for joining us at the Melonheadz Challenge this week. Good Luck! We hope to see you join us in future challenges too.
    Barb—DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow - what a great idea for any special lady !
    Thanks for joining us at Ladybug crafts Ink xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun project! And so very thoughtful of you to create such an awesome ice block for her!!! Thank you so much for joining the Path of Positivity challenge this month! Lynda - DT member

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just so creative. Lol I gather the ice cubes are for the hot flushes. This is so perfect for our THOUGHTFULNESS theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Path of Positivity DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awesome idea! Very creative, and I am lovin' the ice cube tray! Thanks for joining us at Melonheadz Friends, see you Monday for a new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This is just a really fabulous project. I love every bit of how you created it and I know that Ingrid will love it. It is a "Treasure." Maggie DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the image, your coloring and your thoughtfulness for your sister!! Great box! Thanks for playing in the Path of Positivity challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous creation Mimi! It sounds like Ingrid loves it! I just adore that water velum. I've never heard of it and your colouring is simply fabulous. What a thoughtful gift and it was perfect for our recent challenge. I'm really happy you were able to join us again this month on the Path of Positivity and hope to see you again soon! Good luck in the draw!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a darling cool-down gift idea - very thoughtful, and wonderfully colorful in the cool blues, Mimi! hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi