Followers

Monday, January 13, 2014

Angels and Demons

Time for another challenge over at

A three week challenge this time as our next challenge is going to be a blog hop - great news as you now have an extra week to enter this challenge :)

#9 Anything Goes

We are onto the second week of our three week challenge so there is still plenty of time for you to enter and win the fabulous prize of $15 to spend in the IKEsWORLD store.  To win the prize or be voted in the top 3 you MUST use and IKEsWORLD digi, lots to choose from so why not pop on over to the shop and have a look around.

For this weeks creation and still trying to use some of the 'darker' digis :) I opted for a digi I have loved for a long time but not dared to use - Angels and Demons.  My poor family are the recipients of my darker efforts this year so it will be interesting to see their reactions.  Now talking about good planning, this is going to be my eldest daughters birthday card for 2015 (hope I don't lose it before then hahahahahaha)

I used black card, added a layer of green paper then the background which I had designed with the text in the position I needed.  Now I should say, Natasha is always lovely, but I know she has a really naughty streak in her so I hope she will have a laugh when she sees this, then no doubt a really honest comment will be coming my way afterwards :) :) :)  Next I fussy cut the digi as I wanted a 3d effect, this once completed was attached with foam tape.  I coloured the digi with Promarkers then had a bit of fun. The wings, once coloured had Extreme glitter added along the gone structures and then were embossed with clear embossing powder to give a plastic feel.  The hair is some coloured extensions I have at hand (yep I like coloured extensions in my own hair <g>) unfortunately I couldn't get it to curl properly following the gorgeous locks the digi has but I think it looks OK.  Next I used a feather for the angels wings which I cut up - you should have seen the mess I was in with bits of extension hair and feather cut offs flying around, sticking to my fingers, attached to the double sided tape, up my nose - just everywhere lol. Finally I added some black tulle behind the digi, buttons in the corners and gold Stickles to make headbands on both heads then placed the digi on the card.


Ingredients:-
  • Black card from Craft Creations
  • Angels and Demons by IKEsART
  • Promarkers - black, cool grey 4 and 5, caramel, burnt sienna, tan, leaf green, pear green, olive green, pastel pink
  • Flex markers - blush, dusky pink
  • Die - Joy Crafs Middle Fleur De Lys
  • Gold Stickles, Extreme Glitter, black tulle, green and gold hair extensions, feathers, clear embossing powder, pink line stickers and buttons form my stash
I am entering this project into the following challenges:-

15 comments:

  1. WoWza - this is such a knockout.... it soooo rocks !!!! The colouring is amazing and I think the hair extensions are awesome :-D I bet close up this is even more cool now I have read about your treatment of the wings :-D
    You did this image proud and I hope you have got rid of all the bits sticking to you... must've looked like you'd been 'tarred and feathered' hahaha LoL

    Hugz
    IKE xxxx

    My Challenge Blog: http://ikesworldchallengeblog.blogspot.com
    My Shop: www.ikesart.com
    My Blog: http://suzy-ikesworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love all the texture. Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, how cool is this!!! So well-crafted. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word, this card is incredible and how very efficient of you creating cards for 2015 birthdays when the 2014 birthdays have not been celebrated yet.

    As you say, Natasha is an amazingly lovely young lady and as big an admirer of your creative talents as I am. Her nice side will enjoy all the thought, efforts and love you have put into this card. Her naughty side ....well I think she'll leave that to her dear husband and sons.

    I love the contrast you have illustrated with such impact ....The nice side being so soft and gentle with subdued colouring, feather wings and beautiful blonde hair. The naughty side could not be more different with the metallic looking wings, bold brash colouring and wild green hair. What extremes but so artistic and well thought out. and how original to use your precious hair extensions. They look so brilliant.

    Oh, I can just imagine the lovely sticky mess you got yourself in .....but then you have never been happier than when you have been able to create with such gay abandon that you end up looking like your creation. My only shudder .....yep you've guessed ......cutting up that feather , That fills me with horror :-)

    This card is incredible treasure and I have no doubt that it will be the talk of Natasha's family and friends when she receives it. Love you xxx ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Original card. Original style. Congratulations !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz in this period of birthday !

    Best wishes for 2014 !

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card..Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout! I love how you incorporated the buttons to go with this image! Way to Go! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful work with us at Creative Knockouts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Whee, awesome card.. joined as a new member but find I am already...want to join mine...

    http://annieforeva.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi and thanks for stopping by! Wow what an awesome card you did! I added my card to the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another fabulous card. Thanks for joining our Birthday challenge at Charisma Cardz
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  11. FABULOUS card!!!
    Thanks for joining us at PIO!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there! I was trying to get some more info on you know! So I sent Choccy an email; but haven't heard anything. my private is tampastamper12@tampabay.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Knockouts for our 'Buttons' challenge.

    Hugs Helen P xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Mimi. This is one naughty and nice card. Like the hair extensions. Thanks for joining into the STAMPlorations 'Stamps & Feathers' challenge. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for joining us at The Emerald Faeries with your wonderful card.
    Good luck and hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi