For this card I used DP by Papermania, from their Aqua Paper Pack and navy wrapping paper. The card for the front window area is baby blue hammer. I covered the card with the Papermania paper both inside and out then had to put my thinking cap on for the Hammer Blue section. A couple of months ago I got my Spellbinder cutter and some dies so am very much a learner in this area. Easy enough just cutting the dies but using the system to build a card shape is a bit more challenging. I used Marianne Designs Anjas Vintage Decoration for the sides. When I bought this die I assumed it cut the whole shape so was rather baffled when it left the long straight side uncut. OK - not a die which is just used to cut a shape, this one is for creating shaped cards too. I used the die twice, the fist time to the left of the centre square area then to the right so I could fold the sections inwards to give the impression of a door or ornamental gate. Must admit, I love the outcome but it was difficult to photograph lol.
I printed the digi twice on white paper and coloured one with Promarkers, the other I cut out and used to black out the coloured digi so I could use my spray gun with Tea Green Promarker to create a mottled background which would match the rest of the card. and gold paint, added blue Liquid Pearls, blue and gold flowers and a gold heart to finish off. Gold line stickers were used to create the metallic division between the four layers of this card.
Close up of the flowers I added.
Close up on the digi coloured with Promarkers
- White Linen card and Baby Blue Hammer card from Craft Creations
- Digi - Lady Kathleen by Sandi's Samples
- DP - Papermania Aqua Blue Pack, navy wrapping paper and blue paper
- Die - Marianne Designs Anjas Vintage
- Promarkers - Midnight Blue, China Blue, Cornflower, Tea Green, Gold, Tulip Yellow, Pastel Yellow, Dusky Pink, Blush, Ivory, Cocoa, Tan.
- Gold Paint, Pale Blue Liquid Pearls, flowers and heart from my stash
- Passion For Promarkers - Summertime Blues (Aug 7) - blue and gold are my two colours
- Just Inspirational - Inspirational Challenge (Aug 7) I am using colours from the second image
- Get Inky - Christmas In July or Birthday (Aug 3)
- Victorine Stamps - Summer Colours (Aug 5)
- Gem of a Challenge - How Charming (Aug 3)