Followers

Sunday, April 28, 2013

For Mum

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.

Challenge #161

Theme ' For Mom/Mum'

The sponsor this week StitchyBear Digital Stamps
with a prize $9 to spend in the store.  To win this prize you need to use a digi from the StitchyBear store.  You can still enter without using a StitchyBear digi and the prize for the winner is $3 to spend in the store.

I have throughly enjoyed this challenge:)  This week the image I have used is 'Sending Love', a My Heart Pieces Digital Stamp Designs Priyanka!  Isn't she just so super cute!!!

I decided on a colour scheme of purple and yellows for a change and while colouring in all I could think about was my Mum's garden back in the UK.  Mum has the most amazingly colourful garden full of roses and lilies and other showy annuals (mainly pansies) dotted around for a bit of extra OOo La La.  Both my Mum and I love our pansies.  After completing the image I decided to make the backing paper myself using yellow pansies on a purple background.  First I found a digital photo of pansies from my Mum's garden which I potted around with (sorry for the pun)  :).  Next I converted one of the pansies into a Photoshop brush which I then used to create the backing paper. Pretty pleased with the outcome I think it looks so great with the digi.  It was a bit hard getting the colours right but after several attempts I managed to match them up with the digi colours.


I don't usually decorate the inside of my cards when I make them, preferring to do this as and when needed, but this time I could not help myself, I so loved the paper and wanted to see what the card looked like with the inside done too.  I found a great quote, ''Only a mother as perfect as you, could have a daughter as perfect as me" - Bobby Pin which I think sums things up perfectly (not saying I am perfect by any means lol)

Recipe:-
  • White Linen card from Craft Creations
  • 'Sending Love', a My Heart Pieces Digital Stamp Designs Priyanka
  • Topper die cut which I made and cut on my Black Cat
  • Yellow mesh, gems, ribbon etc from my stash.  The ribbon was totally the wrong colour so I coloured it with ProMarkers <g>  
  • All layers mounted with foam tape
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-





26 comments:

  1. It's beautiful and I love your pansy backing paper. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card - love the beautiful, bright colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bright colors. Very pretty card.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW wonderful card. I really love the DP you have made for this. The colors are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this paper! :) Beautiful card.. and I love the inside too!! I love that yellow mesh too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just adorable, love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful card Mimi, love the image and the gorgeous colours too.
    Thank you for joining us at Hobbycutz for our Mothers Day Challenge, good luck :)
    huge hugz, Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, lovely image and beautiful colours! Thanks for joining us at Hobbycutz this time.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty Mimi, I love the colors!! I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge. :-)

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Tuesday Throwdown DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a very pretty (and clever!) card....thanks so much for joining in at Perfect Sentiments this week....good luck in the draw!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the purple & yellow color combination. I keep trying to remind myself to decorate the inside of the card, it looks so nice.

    Hugs,

    Chriss
    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Awesome colors together
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #108 Mother’s Day challenge, Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really cool card and so skillfully made! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so lovely. Fabulous colour tones and design. Thank you for joining us at Paper Crafting Journey.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant card - one you really need to send Mum - with a print out of this entry. She would be so chuffed to think that you used her treasured garden for your design inspiration. She'd agree whole heartedly with with the sentiment too Shhhhh, we won't disillusion her with the truth. The backing paper has worked brilliantly - a great technique - is it particularly time consuming or can we see more cards using it? I think I'll give you 11/10 for this card - well done, it gave me a smile in it's cheeriness. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card. Making your background paper was great and so artistic! This is colored beautifully and is an excellent card. Thanks for joining us at the Sweet Stampin' Challenge this week! Hope to see you again soon. --Gail

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow!!!! such a perfect card for our challenge thanks so much for sharing it with us hugs sassyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. such a lovely card and thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz with our purple challenge and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the background paper, awesome! Great card, thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great,
    Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely card! Your colouring is very good. Thanks for sharing and joining us for the fortnightly challenge over at Hobbycutz. Good Luck .............
    Crafty Hugs
    Denise
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lovely card...Love the inside too...
    Thank You for entering our Mothersday Challenge this time...
    Hope to see you again next time...
    Hugs Kobie - Hobbycutz Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, that purple looks stunning against the yellow. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a cute card!
    Thanks for hanging out with us at Hiding in My Craft Room! ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely colours on this card and I am very impressed you made your own paper.

    Stitchy will be getting you to design for the store.....more pocket money for crafty stash :)

    Love Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card! Love the background you created for the beautiful image! Thank you for joining our Corrosive Challenge this fortnight.
    Ruza, CDT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi